Changing the World
with ENERGY STAR
SRA has teamed with ENERGY STAR® in the fight against global warming. "Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR" is a national campaign encouraging Americans to protect our environment and save energy. SRA helped bring the campaign's vision to the Web with tools designed to attract and engage the public. The campaign's Web launch on Earth Day saw over 10,000 pledges in 24 hours.
The new ENERGY STAR campaign builds on the success of the "Change a Light" program by challenging people to do even more in their homes and offices. Results are already adding up. Americans saved enough energy in 2007 alone to avoid greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to those from 27 million cars emdash; all while saving $16 billion on their utility bills.
Americans are actively engaged in the Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR campaign since it kicked off during Earth Day 2008. Through the Web site, consumers can take ENERGY STAR's expanded pledge to reduce energy use, save money and protect the environment. As of May 2008, over 1.66 million people have taken the pledge. Additionally, estimated greenhouse gas savings equates to 2,569,658,398 lbs of CO2, estimated dollar savings are $183,464,010 and estimated kWh Savings equals 1,665,134,894.
- Engage consumers and drive pledges with limited marketing resources
- Expand the campaign focus from "Change a Light" to broader initiatives
- Unify the vision of communications, marketing and IT teams and communicate program changes
- Cutting-edge, multimedia Web pages create an interactive environment for participation
- New information about the expanded program scope is easily accessible on the Web site
- SRA's environmental and organization experts helped unite stakeholder's around the new campaign
The Change the World Web site utilizes XHTML/CSS, ColdFusion 8.0, Oracle 10g database, streaming video, and the use of Adobe Flash to create interactive maps. SRA employed its user-centric Web site design methodology to elicit the online vision and requirements for the campaign and translate them into a series of usable web page designs, tools, and multimedia.
Careers | Find a Career
- Project Manager
- Software Engineer
- Network Engineer
- Requirements Analyst
- GUI Developer