MISSION-SPECIFIC DOMAIN EXPERTISE
SRA combines the latest data collection technology with business process reengineering to unlock the maximum value of supply chain management for the Warfighter. We provide automated, event-driven and standardized supply chain solutions to meet the complex needs of the Department of Defense (DoD). Our decade-long leadership has helped transform the DoD supply chain into a modernized, streamlined system built on a foundation of public/private information sharing and automated data collection.
New standards-based technologies combined with process and policy changes can measurably increase the speed, accuracy and transparency of supply chain events. SRA is a leader in devising business policies and technical standards for the deployment of Automatic Identification Technology (AIT). We created a standard for storing data on high-capacity AIT in the supply chain. This solution ultimately led to greater coordination and interoperability between the DoD supply chain and commercial partners.
SRA’s long history of supporting DoD supply chain initiatives gives us unique perspective and extensive experience matching products to requirements and updating businesses processes and policies to reflect changing technologies.
- Maximizes utility of personnel and equipment
- Reduces time to point of impact
- Reduces stove-piped architecture
- Enhances system interoperability
- Enhances asset visibility
- Provides supply chain decision and management information
- Technical standards development and documentation
- Integration of hand-held computing and AIT Technologies
- Automated data collection
- Supply chain IT optimization
- Asset visibility and management
- Represented key DoD interests in development of EPCglobal Class 1 Gen 1 and Gen 2 air interface and tag data construct standards
- Provided key support to the DoD in the development of the Unique Item Identifier (UII) architecture
- Drafted and coordinated inclusion of AIT policy and standards into DoD issuances, including MIL-STD-129, MIL-STD-130, DoD 4140.1-R, and the DoD 4500.9-R DTR
- Provided DoD voting representation on American National Standards Institute (ANSI), Uniform Code Council/European Article Numbering (UCC/EAN), Global Standards 1 (GS1), and International Organization for Standards (ISO) standards groups
- Harmonized MIL-STD-129, Military Marking for Shipment and Storage with applicable ANSI and ISO AIT standards
- Coordinated enterprise-wide generation of requirements for a translation capability that would facilitate the use of ANSI X.12 Electronic Data Interchange transaction formats relating to the use of RFID in DoD legacy logistics information systems